If you know Kelly and I at all, you know that we are HUGE campers. I LOVE to go whenever we get a chance. As cold as it has been and as much as we have been cooped up in the house we were REALLY itching to go. Our great friends Shain and Erin just purchased a new trailer and needed to go test it out and make sure everything worked. They decided they would just go somewhere local in case they needed to take it back into the shop. They decided they were going to go to Utah Lake so Kelly and I told them we were IN!! Knowing Kelly's back would not be able to handle all of the camper duties, we had to invest in an automatic jack. Ohhh my!! Talk about making things easy and fast. We also got a socket attachment for our drill so that I was able put the jack stands up and down in NO time. We had such a great time out there. It was literally 30 minutes from our house but you would never know looking around the campground that you were just 5 minutes from downtown Provo.
It was a little chilly all weekend but it was just nice to be out camping and having Kelly and Ryan out of the house. Ryan, with the help of Erin, discovered DIRT while we were there. He was so funny about it. I of course have everything for him to play in the dirt we just haven't really been around it. Last year he was too busy wanting to run everywhere and play in the water that the dirt never came into play. I broke out the bag with the shovels, buckets, rakes and wheelbarrow in it. He had a ball for hours. He kept scooping it up with his hands and putting it on the tires of the truck. He would scoop it into the wheel barrow and I showed him how to push it around. By the end of Saturday I was throwing him in the tub. He had dirt everywhere.
We took the trike for him to play on too. Last year he was still a little short (not a word in our vocabulary around our house) to reach the pedals. Not this year....he was ALL over the campground in that thing. He is just getting WAY too big. Sunday (Mother's Day) we came home and Kelly made me dinner. It was nice to get home early and get everything put away and laundry done before the start of the week. I had a really nice Mother's Day. My Boys always make me feel special.
beat
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment