Monday, January 26, 2009

Date Night!! What's that??

I'm sure you will all laugh at us but Kelly and I have never left Ryan for more that 3 hours since he was born. It's not the fact that we can't leave him it's more because we don't have alot of family here to leave him with and we really don't know alot of people to watch him. I decided that we were LONG overdue for an Adult night out. I arranged with Kim (cute girlfriend from work) to take Ryan for a couple of hours on Sat evening. I waited until Saturday afternoon to say anything to Kelly becuz it was a suprise and I knew he would get everything out of me if I told him any sooner. I wanted to get him out of the house for a while since he is cooped up day in and day out watching our little man. We dropped Ryan off and really didn't leave too long of a list of instructions with Kim. Now that he is older he is alot easier to take care of and he can tell you if he wants something. I'm sure she was laughing at us by the time we left. We are pretty protective of him. The funny thing was that when I was talking to Kim about watching him I think that she was more excited to watch him than I was to FINALLY have a night out. Her baby is due at the end of March so her and her husband were really excited to take him for a while. They are in baby mode. So long story short Kelly and I met up with some friends and went to The Puck which is a sports bar that we always used to frequent back before Ryan came around. It was alot of fun to sit and hang out and see a bunch of people that I haven't seen since I was pregnant. I didn't know how to act for the first little while. It was weird not having our little man there. We had a really good time and got to spend some alone time together. We didn't even do that after we got married. LOL
We are SO doing that again SOON!!

2 comments:

Hopie said...

Randy and I get dates a lot because there is always a grandma and grandpa that they would rather spend the night with than us. We're lucky. I understand the over protective part... I still am!!! Yea for you guys!!!

Kailing Krew said...

um hello!!!!!!!!! Call me so I can get my hands on that cute little stinker!!!